Pages

Friday 2 June 2017

Ki o Rahi - R6


  • Explain the physical activity you participated in.
Ki o Rahi is a game that involves a lot of running and tagging. The aim of the game is to score as much as points as the opposing team. There are 2 teams for the game, one team is called Taniwha and the other Kioma. How it works is that there is a big cylinder like target in the middle of 2 circles, one bigger than the other. To score for Taniwha, you must hit the target without getting tagged and to score for Kioma, you must run around touching the Nga Pou then run into a certain runaway and get a try. Here is a video to understand more.

  • What level of effort and engagement were you participating at during today’s physical activity? Why? (Grade yourself NA, A or M and refer to marking criteria)
I give myself a Merit because throughout the game I was ready by bringing my gear, I was being actively involved with task, contributing to my team by ripping people's tags when on defence, I reflected on my performance and tried to improve on my participation by getting over the cold wind.
  • What were three factors which influenced your participation? (Choose from the list below, and put a + or - beside the three factors to show whether it positively or negatively influenced your participation).
Previous Experiences -, Environment -, Challenge +
  • Explain HOW these factors affected your participation (with specific examples)
Previous Experiences affected my participation in a negative way because this was my first time playing. This is because I would normally play regular sports or games such as Volleyball, Basketball or Football. Even though it was my first time playing, I enjoyed it and would play again.
Environment also affected my participation in a negative way because I had brought a short sleeve and shorts that made me cold while playing. This affected me because I was too cold to either run or rip a tag off. I was too busy keeping myself warm than focusing on the game.
Challenge affected my participation in a positive way because it was my first time playing and it was hard to understand the aim of the game in just a click. I say it was a positive because even though it was hard to understand, majority of the time I was accepting the fact that this is a fun game and a challenge from different events can be fun.
  • How could you increase your (or your peers) participation in this activity in the future?
Something that I would do to increase my participation is by asking about people who have played the game before, this is to increase my confidence on knowing what to do. This is because if I had done this, seeing it was my first time playing, I wouldn't be so confused. I would be confident and know what to do.

2 comments:

Jayden said...

Hey Autymn I think this is a really good piece of writing because I like the way you explain the game.Something that made me think about is that confidence is a big factor when playing a game. I think that you need to check you spelling to improve your writing.

Unknown said...

I like how you insert a video of how the game is played also how you explained the game perfectly for others to understand how to play Ki o Rahi. I like how you were being honest about your participation and how you felt during it. The feedback I would give you is to make sure you ask someone who know how to play the game before playing so that you are not confused throughout the activity.

Post a Comment